B.F. ASCHER & CO., INC.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
B.F. Ascher & Co., Inc. reserves the right to remove inappropriate posts, including those that are: (a) abusive, defamatory, threatening or obscene; (b) fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, untrue, off-topic or scientifically unfounded; (c) in violation of any law or regulation; or (d) offensive, either graphically or in tone. Repeated violations of the B.F. Ascher & Co., Inc. Social Media Policy may cause the author to be blocked from our social media channels.
B.F. Ascher & Co., Inc. does not endorse or take responsibility for the accuracy of information, opinions, claims, or advice shared by fans of our social media pages.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
Because we are in a regulated industry, there are topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about, and some discussions may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reason. By way of example, we ask you to refrain from posting comments containing:
- unsubstantiated claims about, or recommending “off-label” or unapproved/non-directed uses of, our products;
- third-party intellectual property, such as any copyright-protected material (art, music, videos, written text), or any trademarks or logos, except with the express consent of the owners of such intellectual property;
- performances, or parts thereof, that have been broadcast, streamed, published, televised or recorded as part of a motion picture;
- information plagiarized from another source;
- photos and/or videos, including those depicting individuals, unless the photographer (and, where applicable, the depicted individual, and if the depicted individual is a child, the child’s parents or legal guardian) or videographer have expressly consented to such use;
- the names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s), such as an address, phone number, social security number, license plate number, hometown, school, etc., unless those individuals have expressly consented to such use;
- the names, photographs, voices, or other likeness of celebrities, either living or dead, whether favorable or unfavorable;
- inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- medical advice, unless you are a licensed healthcare provider;
- third-party confidential or non-public information;
- predatory conduct towards minors;
- libel, slander, or defamation of character;
- inappropriate or “off-color” statements;
- text, pictures or images that could be described as: obscene, profane, lewd, crude, vulgar, offensive, provocative or pornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity of any kind;
- links to other websites;
- spam; and
- software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
By posting, you agree that your post complies with these guidelines and doesn’t contain any of the restricted content listed above. Please note, however, that we may remove any post that we believe does not so comply.
We May Use Your Posts
By posting on one or more of our social media channels, you understand that your posts, and any ideas or techniques contained in them, may be freely used by us in any way and in any media, including on this forum, on our other websites and social media pages, and in our business. Accordingly, please do not submit any ideas or materials that you wish to keep confidential or for which you expect to receive compensation. In addition, when you post in any of our social media channels, your name, likeness and social media handle will be visible and associated with your post and if we re-use your post elsewhere, we may display your name, likeness and handle there as well.